Testosterone injections are becoming more and more popular in today’s society. The problem has been that as this type of treatment gets more popular, there seem to be more providers that are trying to capitalize on the treatment. While this has produced several reputable providers, there has also been an increase in sub-par providers. Because of this you must use caution when choosing a provider for your testosterone injections, much like choosing any doctor.
What are some things to look for when choosing a doctor to make sure that you are going to be properly cared for?
1) Always make sure that the doctor has proper licensure. You would be surprised at how many fraudulent doctors pop up in a medical area like this. If you can not find documented proof of his/her credentials you should run away as quickly as you can. This should be pretty obvious but it is sometimes something that gets overlooked.
2) Make sure that you do research online. With today’s current level of technology, you can find just about everything out about your doctor from the comfort of your own home. If you are going to see a doctor for a testosterone injection make sure that you are looking for past patient reviews. Even if a doctor has the proper certification for a procedure, it does not mean that doctor is necessarily good at what he does. Just like there are good orthopedic surgeons and bad orthopedic surgeons, there are good doctors at administering trt injections and there are bad ones. Reading patient reviews about the procedure itself and any side effects they might have is essential when choosing a doctor.
3) Find out what injection type your doctor is using. There are several different companies that make testosterone injections. Some are much more dangerous to a persons health while others are much safer. The safer ones tend to deliver smaller results while the riskier ones come with an increase chance of maximal gains. Either way the choice is up to you and should not be overlooked.
4) Make sure you feel comfortable. Ultimately you are going to be building a relationship with this doctor. If he or she is not someone that you can feel comfortable with, then you need to look elsewhere. The last thing that you want to do is be stuck in a doctor/patient relationship that you can not stand being a part of.
Choosing a doctor for your testosterone injections is extremely important. Make sure that you are doing thourough research into your options, as improperly administered shots can have very serious side effects.
Testosterone injections have become a popular cure-all treatment lately, due to its affordable cost, wide availability, and general effectiveness. However doctors must be consulted to determine if you really need them, and to see to it that you receive the right amount and at the right frequency.
What Exactly is Testosterone?
Testosterone is a natural hormone produced by the body. In men, it is produced mostly in the testicles, which is partly the reason why most people regard it as a “male” hormone. It is a vitally important hormone, so much so that if you start producing less than the normal amount, your doctor may recommend supplemental testosterone to compensate for the deficiency.
What Does Testosterone Do?
It affects many aspects of a man’s health, including:
• The amount and quality of sperm you produce, as well as the level of your libido (sex drive).
• The mass and strength of your muscles, as well as the distribution of fat throughout your system.
• Bone density.
• Production of red blood cells.
Men generally have their highest levels of testosterone production during their adolescence and first years of adulthood. However, some boys may not produce adequate amounts of testosterone and this condition is called hypogonadism. This usually means that there is either a problem with the pituitary glands that control the testicles, or there is a problem with the testicles themselves. The missing testosterone can easily be replaced, and the doctor may prescribe testosterone injections as treatment.
Most boys are normal in this regard, and they usually start the decline of testosterone production at about thirty years or so. At this stage in life, a man loses about a single percent of testosterone production for every year. However, at about fifty years of age, the rate of decline may begin to drop precipitously. This sudden drop in testosterone production can result in a host of adverse reactions. A check with the doctor can confirm if these symptoms can be attributed to hypogonadism.
Changes in Appearance Due to Testosterone Deficiency
For non-medical people, symptoms of testosterone deficiency can often be classified as a decrease in masculinity, or an increase in the signs of being “womanly”. Doctors don’t bother with such trivial distinctions, as they are simply signs of a general medical condition.
The changes in appearance can be somewhat alarming. Although some symptoms (such as decreased bone density) may not be apparent, others may be more noticeable. Men may suddenly notice an increase in their body fat, while their muscle slowly disappears. You may also begin to experience rapid hair loss, as well as general lack of energy.
The more “womanly” symptoms include tender or even swollen breasts, which though they may not pose significant health risks nevertheless can be quite embarrassing. You may even experience “hot flashes’ which is something usually associated with menopause. This is partly the reason why some people insist on calling this condition andropause, to denote its connection to its female counterpart.
Fortunately, testosterone injections are readily available, and you can regain your lost masculinity without delay.
In many cities all over the US, men in increasing numbers are coming in droves to receive testosterone injections. All of these men believe that these injections don’t just inject testosterone; they inject vitality, energy, and increased sex drives. And although doctors would not put in such metaphorical terms, most of them agree that supplemental [...]
Testosterone injections are becoming more and more popular in today’s society. The problem has been that as this type of treatment gets more popular, there seem to be more providers that are trying to capitalize on the treatment. While this has produced several reputable providers, there has also been an increase in sub-par providers. Because [...]
Before deciding whether or not testosterone replacement is a viable option for you, you should know why testosterone is important for men. There are many negative connotations associated with testosterone, which tend to include illegal use in professional sports, people having “roid rage” or other demeaning connotations. What many people fail to realize is that [...]